Warehousing is a key factor in any supply chain process ,
Warehousing operation process Depends on KPI , SLA , SOP Etc , the most common warehousing process are differentiated in 3 Major factor which is been followed by every company , Yes there might be changes in dealing in operation but the process are one and the same
- Mid bound
Effective Inbound Operations constitute an important aspect of successful Warehouse operations, as it determines the time until the product is available for further processing towards our customers and builds the solid foundation for further processing within the warehouse. Receiving involves both the Receiving Supervisor as well as warehouse personnel to effectively receive and track inbound products.
- Inbound Planning
- Vehicle and Documentation inspection
- Cross dock – If required
- Unloading and Quality Confirmation and Palletization
- Goods Receipts
Effective Midbound Operations constitute an important aspect of successful Warehouse operations, as it determines the throughput of inward and outward operations. midbound will help the order processing process very smooth and delivering the outbound targets on time.
- Storage handling
- Handing damages within the warehouse and repacking
- Storage strategy optimization
- Material consolidation
- Inventory control
- Inventory count
After the midbound activity, the warehouse team has to start the activities for the outbound.
- Additional Information for SLA outbound team has to ensure that outbound orders are Processed and material shipped as per the SLA specified for each customer as per SOP and will be updated from time to time. Outbound team must dispatch the Goods as per the Cut off times.
- The outbound team has to ensure that the correct Material as per invoice is dispatched To each customer location within the stipulated timeline as per SOP.
- Any discrepancies noted during the outbound process involving shortages or damage must be noted and informed,
Effective shipping practices are important aspects of successful warehousing. Shipping involves both the shipping supervisor as well as warehouse personnel to effectively collect and coordinate outbound products.
- General outbound information
- Order creation
- Pick slip creation
- Packing , Labeling , Staging
- Shipment process – Packing list
- Transportation LR Creation
- Shipment Process- Invoice creation
- Transporter – Tally and Loading
- Security gate check
- Sealing of the vehicle